Friday, November 20, 2009

It Was the Best of Times, It Was the Worst of Times...

I guess since I keep making my time at the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire an excuse for not posting ever, I should put some pictures of my costume up...I did love it so. And I miss it...but I certainly prefer being inside now that it's so cold out! Fighting in the freezing rain is so not fun. Here's to 1569...

Michael Ulrich
Jumping a fence to fight for my Queen...this cobbler has moxie! Of course, I died two moves into the fight, but c'mon...I was a cobbler! My battle cry was "shoon"! Not much of a conviction...depending how much faith you put in the power of shoes, which, now I come to think of it, is a lot for me...

Kelley Brower
These are my "wet clothes," here seen being put to good use as I am very wet...I had a separate costume for one of my shows so I could get dunked if the crowd so chose and not have to walk around soaking wet for the rest of the day. My second day of Faire, they so chose...

Michael Ulrich
Halloween weekend brought the macabre delights of "peasant shoot," wherein the nobles got to take aim at us peasants as we performed such innocent feats as a three-legged race. Here I am getting offed by the Duchess of Sussex. Huz...zah?

Ben Myers
Probably taunting another character as a crowd warmer at my dunk show. My fingers are taped because I completely destroyed myself during a stunt gone wrong earlier in the day. Not pictured: scraped up elbow, badly bruised knees, strained neck, possible concussion. But the show went on...and they dunked me in the 40 degree weather. I threatened to become a lawyer. (Also, that bracelet was made for me by one of the knights and I decided it was period enough to keep it on...still haven't taken it off. Awww...)

Debbie Brown
Saying goodbye to Sir Paul, one of our youngest fans, on the last night of the year. Sad day! Constance (my character) looks mighty cozy but is totally freezing in this picture.

Goodbye, 1569, helllllllo McDonagh. Pillowman costume pictures will of course be forthcoming at the earliest possible convenience. And in the meantime I'll get back to fashion as we know it...

34 comments:

  1. keep sharing with us, please....I will waiting your up date everyday!! Have a ni ........................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. 雖然說上班很累,不過還是得努力應付每一天,看看文章休息一下,謝謝你哦!..............................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 以簡單的行為愉悅他人的心靈,勝過千人低頭禱告。........................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。......................................................

    ReplyDelete
  5. 當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。..................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  6. 一定要保持最佳狀況呦,加油!!!期待你發表的新文章!.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. 噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。.................................................................                           

    ReplyDelete
  8. 聰明人之所以不會成功,是因為他們缺乏了堅忍的毅力。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. 愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. 唯有用熱情、用智慧去觀察事物,這事物才會把他的秘密,洩漏給我們............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  11. 真正仁慈的人,會忘記他們做過的善行,他們全心投入現在的工作,過去的事已被遺忘。.................................................

    ReplyDelete
  12. 一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼......................................... ........................

    ReplyDelete
  13. 知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  14. 唯有用熱情、用智慧去觀察事物,這事物才會把他的秘密,洩漏給我們......................................................................

    ReplyDelete